Monday, May 24, 2010

Final Logo designs and Report

Critique report

On Thursday the 13th of May we were to present our company logos to the class and critique each other’s work. Unfortunately when I presented mine I’d forgotten to post my business card but I still received some useful feedback from the class.
The colours used throughout my designs were thought to be very good and well thought out. They liked the combination of the orangey yellow and the black. I was also surprised to hear that my brochure cover, which was one of my least favourite designs for unexplained reasons, I just felt there could have been something different to use, but it was very well liked throughout the class.
That was what the class believed was good about my designs but there was so much more room for improvement. The inside of the brochure needed massive improvement. The vector images I had used as a border had made it look like too much of a church hall. With the information used inside the brochure there was no way of telling where to start, there was no setup, no headings and all this needed to be fixed.
One of my favourite designs was the with compliments slip. I felt it looked really professional but the more I looked at it the more I began to see that it looked more like a business card. The class agreed that it needed big improvement. It was way too complicated and there was no space for any writing whatsoever on the slip.
The letterhead I presented got some good feedback but the only thing that needed adjusting was the stroke used at the bottom of the page as well as setting out the information a little better.
My most major piece of advice was to change the logo and make the ‘f’ look more like an ‘f’ instead of an ‘e’. There was also a vector image of a plane that I used in pretty much all of my designs and it was suggested that I get rid of it from most of my designs. My final piece of advice was on the bookmark. There was a small amount of writing at the bottom of the bookmark, kind of like the company slogan. It just got lost into the white and needed a few slight adjustments.
From there I worked on modifying the ‘F’ in ‘aeroflight’. As said some people had trouble identifying it as an ‘F’. I also worked on redoing the brochure setup inside as well as the brochure cover. I decided to get rid of the whole business suit idea and get rid of the vector-based tie in the centre of the brochure cover as well as replacing my old logo design.
For my with compliments slip I drastically reduced the size of the type and the vector based illustrations around the images around it to create more space inside for a fair amount of writing. My letterhead was left almost untouched, the only things changed were of course the logo and fixing up the stroke at the bottom of the page.
I did a completely new business card after some advice from Luke, trying to make it as simple yet professional as possible. And the bookmark didn’t require much adjustment. The plane was removed from the bookmark as for many other designs, the slogan down the bottom adjusted and the new logo incorporated into it.







No comments:

Post a Comment