Friday, June 3, 2011

Artist booklet






I have designed an artist booklet, which can be displayed at any exhibition regarding Pablo Picasso. In this booklet there is a series of images and information regarding Picasso’s works and his life.

The title for the exhibition ‘Shape of Reality’ came from the idea of how Picasso paints his artworks and perceives the world. He did not paint how he saw things he painted things for what he thought they looked like. Looking at it from the perspective that he might not have thought the world to be round but in his reality have seen it in a different way, hence the title ‘Shape of Reality’.

The front cover is a simple white background with to headings coming from both sides of the page. I also placed an image of Pablo Picasso on the front cover but found a way to fracture the image to make it look more abstract. This purely for the style of Picasso’s artwork as he did not focus on making his paintings look realistic but approaches his works with an abstract idea.

When it came to the design of the inside covers I decided to keep things very crisp and clean. Each page consisted of a heading, a body of text and an image. The set out of each page is then mirrored onto the next. The imagery placed on each of the pages relates in some way to the style of artwork suggested in the text based on the time period or art movement.

There are two pages in the booklet with which I decided to place a background colour. The two pages focussed on two periods Picasso was involved in, the blue period and the rose period. The page titled blue period had a very light blue background, which I felt really brought out the image I had decided to use for that page. The rose period had a very light shade of pink used in the background. Once again I felt that this brought out the image added something extra to the page.

The back page was another abstract image of Picasso and above that I had the quote ‘Art is a lie that makes us realise truth’. I did this because I feel that Picasso had some very inspirational quotes that I feel benefit both artists and designers. And finally below that image I displayed the day of his birth and his death as I thought it was necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment