Friday, June 10, 2011

Winter in Wagga





My Winter in Wagga Wagga logo was hard to establish as I tried to stay clear of the snowflake but after experimenting with one design I found that in this instance that the design worked. Each poster was designed to target a different topic and in turn targeting different demographics. I believed this to be the most effective way of advertisement so that it braches out to everyone and not just adults.

The imagery at the top of each poster is there to attract the eye. The information is short and to the point as well as easy to read. I felt that displaying the topic down the side of the poster was necessary in informing the reader of the topic before proceeding to read the poster as well as to help fill some negative space.

At the bottom of each poster I was sure to include an actual local image of Wagga to help promote it with both text and imagery about Wagga Wagga. I wanted to carry this same design over in each of my posters so that they could easily be placed together and not look like posters advertising completely different ideas. I made the dimensions for the poster 180mm x 297mm this was due to the fact that I felt a A4 poster looked ugly I preferred a slimmer design that had a much cleaner and more professional feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment